No Pre-requisites, no Co-requisites
This course reflects diversity of topics covered in additive manufacturing and the range of skills and expertise that a professional engineer must develop. Indeed, this course aims to provide the mechanical engineers of the future with an education that covers the necessary knowledge of additive manufacuring (AM):
• Knowledge on analysis of manufacturing process by AM.
• Instill creativity in addressing problems in 3D printing
• Develop a high degree of competence in using AM processes.
• Skills on solving problems in AM processes.
• Information about ongoing research topics in 3D printing.
A summary of the content is as follows:
• Introduction to manufacturing processes
• Advanced manufacturing process: AM.
• Roadmap on AM standards.
• AM modeling and simulation.
• Material characterization for AM.
• In-process control for AM.
• Details of seven 3D printing techniques.
• Fracture and evaluation of printed parts.
• D. Rufe (2013): Fundamentals of Manufacturing (third edition) SME (Society of Manufacturing Engineers)
• C. K. Chua, C. H. Wong, W. Y. Yeong (2017): Standards, Quality Control, and Measurement science in 3D printing and additive manufacturing, CRC Press
• A. Bandyopadhyay, S. Bose (2019): Additive Manufacturing (second edition) CRC Press
• A. Gebhardt (2016): Additive Fertigungsverfahren. Additive Manufacturing und 3D-Drucken für Prototyping - Tooling - Produktion